My Solo Travel...

My mom's guest blog!

Hi! 

I am a travel enthusiast and love to travel it might be the next town or next city or state or across the border to another country. What makes me excited is the planning and the exotic nature of being in a place with a new language, culture and food.

So this post is about my first absolute solo travel ( I don't think I can call it Solo as if I was the only person wherever I went, I mean I was traveling without my family or friends or in a group).

In 2017, I made friends with 2 Swiss nationals N & T. I really became close with  N. N and T wrote me a postcard on Dec 2018 , asking me to visit them in Switzerland. This started to roll the dice and I ended up in Zurich, Switzerland on April 30,2019. 

I was so happy to see my friend N who was there with a big smile and hug. She was a perfect host and a guide , She told me everything about the wonderful Swiss railways and how to travel in it. 
That night actually I was going to stay with my other friend T, as N lives in Bern. I stayed with T in a city called Winterthur near Zurich. 
I stayed in Swiss for 11 nights and 12 days. I stayed with my friends for 5 nights. And they accompanied me on my travel in Switzerland for 4 days.Rest of the time I explored that beautiful, nature blessed country on my own with the expensive yet super flexible Swiss travel pass. This pass allowed me to use any kind of transport, anytime without having to buy individual tickets and entry for many many museums without a fee.

I enjoyed my time with my young friends. I had a wonderful time with N's Parent's home , they had me over there for a Swiss special Rosti dinner(Rosti- Big Potato paaty with a gravy). 

I traveled from the German part to french part to Italian part of Switzerland. I visited the Alps. 

I walked the streets on my own. I got lost on the streets. 

. I didn't mind eating cake from a second hand shop where they sell cakes made the previous day for half the price (Everything in Switzerland is sooo expensive).
Traveling on your own is just a must, everyone should do. Because...
1. You don't have to follow a schedule, all time is yours. 

2. You are on your own, So you naturally be aware of your surroundings,this increases the involvement.
3. You are not forced to go to a place you don't like or leave a place early.
4. You have the whole world and time to yourself.

So go ahead explore the world ...

Thanks Evin, for inviting me to post in your blog.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts